How to Effectively Use Consumer Leads
Companies work hard to gain
consumer leads, but once acquired, many business owners don’t know how
to effectively use them. Fortunately, using leads is the easy part.
Follow these guidelines to turn your consumer leads into solid sales:
- Business owners should call their consumer leads on occasion. Take
time from marathon meetings and business travel to personally call some U
S households or businesses on your leads list. Not only does it connect
you with your consumer, you gain insight as to the inner workings of
your company. Your sales team will appreciate your willingness to
- Create unique postcards introducing your business. Use your consumer leads to address the postcards and send them to potential clients. Be sure to include all your social media sites so they can connect with you online.
- Send new consumer leads an introductory email. Explain who you are,
your product line/services and your contact information. Again, include
all your social media links so your clients/customers can
follow/like/connect with you and your business.
- Determine if the consumer leads are for U S households (residential)
or businesses. Custom-create letters to fit the profile. Include your
company’s contact information
and a little bit about your business. Use this opportunity to offer a
new-customer promotion or special deal. And, like stated before, include
all social media links. (See the recurring theme?)
- Hold a drawing or raffle! It makes no difference if you’re targeting U S households
or international businesses, your business can do this. Include all
consumer leads you have, and draw one, or several. The winners of the
drawing win a product or service of yours.
As a business owner, use consumer leads to better your business. Contact your leads;
introduce yourself, your company and your products/services. Train
employees to follow up with new leads, interact with them and invite
them to try your products.
These aren’t the only way to use your
consumer leads, so business owners, there’s no reason to stockpile leads
or let them fall stagnant. Use your consumer leads to lead you to success.